Sunday, September 7, 2008

GhettoRicanWrestling

I was on my way to my regular waste of time in Kiosko #6 in Luquillo when I spotted a crew putting up a ring in the parking lot of this colmado/liquor store in the Fortuna section of Luquillo. For some reason I thought they'd have the local borrachos duke it out after a few canecas de Palo Viejo. So I went home took a bath and drove back @ night to find over 100 locals, women, children and viejitos watching a full wrestling show. The likes of El Convicto, Llurin el Tramposo and Surfer Boy were entertaining the audience. The evening couldn't go on without the obligatory alambre de pua tag team battle. That was great ! Blood and a bunch of cabron, maricón and hijo 'e putas for the entire family and the lil' children to enjoy. I've no idea what HSW stands for, maybe Hoy Soy Wei, but the wrestlers are basically your loser next door types.

Anyway, I wasn't really planning on shooting but after a few pinchos with too hot hot sauce and about 3 Heinekens I decided to whip out the 5D and snapt a few frames w/a cold beer in my back pocket.

I loved shooting something fun again.




No comments: