Saturday, June 23, 2007

James Nachtwey and Isaida


So I found out that James Nachtwey, was scheduled to speak and open an exhibit of some of his work @ the Daytona Beach Community College. This was gonna take place on a Thursday afternoon. I tell Isaida, and we both take 2 days off from work to attend. We drove all afternoon Wednesday and when we got to Daytona I got to drive my Element on the sand and ride around a bit. The next morning we go down to the beach and goof around, Isaida chased seagulls and we had a good time. We get to DBCC only to find out that Nachtwey didn't make it because he was stuck in some airport somewhere far away. As replacement for Nachtwey they had brought two newspaper photojournalist I happen to know; Hilda Perez from the Orlando Sentinel and Carl Juste from The Miami Herald. It was all good. :)

2 comments:

nmn said...

Rock on!

Maddie said...

Love your blog, man. This is all beautiful stuff. Keep posting!