Friday, June 22, 2007

The Deuce Bar


Last Saturday Isaida and I headed out to a downtown Miami bar to see a local band Guajiro, perform during their record release party. Bigass line to get in, I told Isaida, sorry, I'm too old to wait in line. We should've and could've put our names on a damn guest list but decided to pay the cover to help out the local band. Little did we know that the damn bar would be packed. Should've guessed it, it was Saturday night in Miami. Screw it, we ended up in one of South Beach's best places to chill, have a not so expensive drink and smoke a cigar, Mac's Deuce Bar. If you've never been to the Deuce you need to chekitout, their happy hour starts @ opening time in the morning (not sure what time exactly, but if you need to know this you should find your closest AA meeting spot) and ends @ 7:00PM. Huge, sticky bar, pool table, jukebox, nasty bathrooms, friendly bartenders, pretty SoBe types and a few of the local drunks. I always make a decent picture there. This time I shot a guy Isaida thought was cute with his hat and denim jacket.

3 comments:

Maddie said...

I think you should have more pictures of Isaida and fewer of the guys she thinks are cute. :-P

Awesome blog! Can't wait to see more!

JulyThePhotoGuy said...

so bloggers are gay? what are u trying to say about me, since I've been blogging for quiet a bit?

anyways, be ready to blog about a lot of random stuff. and good luck.

i just got the Canon G7 P&S and it's great for blog photos because it has all the manual settings like our big SRLs.

Looking forward to a good blog show, so keep me entertained.

Anonymous said...

That place feels like it's going to rain inside... So not into sticky tables.