Monday, July 7, 2008

Mija and the river






Every once in a while I walk from my apartment past the Westin Rio Mar Hotel to the river Espiritu Santo (I think) which is about 1 or 2 miles away. I'd walk on the beach ever morning but since I take Mija with me on I don't. Direct sun would really drain her so I choose the main road which is cooler with all the tree shades. Anyway, Mija hasn't done any swimming, when we cross the river it's always shallow enough for her to just walk it. THis last time though, the water was waist deep so I decided to make her cross it swimming. She hesitated a bit @ first but eventually went for it and swam across several times. She wasn't all happy about it but she did it nonetheless.
I'm adding a snap of her chilling in a freshly dug hole behind my beach chair.

Adios

No comments: