Thursday, July 12, 2007

Life's simple pleasures I miss


Today I had to shoot a swimsuit trade show @ the Miami Beach Convention Center. Sounded like something I'd enjoy. WRONG ! I had to check in @ the show office where I was quickly told I'd have to have a chaperone w/me @ all times. The chaperone was to get permission from anyone I was to photograph BEFORE I shot anything. So much for candid moments. Turns out the fashionistas are super protective of their newest designs. Apparently fashion people go around stealing other peeps designs and selling the crap before the originators have a chance to do so. Who knew ? I was questioned several times by different minders in the booths who I was ? what where the pics for ? blablabla. After about an hour trying to make pics, my minder told me that the woman in charge called her and said that my time was up and it was time I for me to leave. She even took my credential away when we walked out of the hall ! When I got to my car I found 2 text messages and a voice mail from one of the models I shot in one booth (she had asked for a biz card). She was all freaked out about her picture running in the Sentinel. Turns out she's a teacher in Broward and doesn't wanna appear modeling in the paper, like she was turning tricks or something. A complete disaster of an assignment. My pics sucked and my attitude about it too. Call me old school but if we're gonna give a damn swimsuit trade show a free plug, they should kiss our behinds and be more grateful. Enough bitching. I shot this pic of this kid playing w/his PSP outside of the trade show hall. I wish I was him.

4 comments:

JulyThePhotoGuy said...

nice to see that even the people I admire in this business get the same shit i get. i thought it was me, just because im a new-bee

Anonymous said...

Angel my dear.. Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue! sorry mon!

Anonymous said...

Lol! at first I thought that kid had a camera.

JulyThePhotoGuy said...

dude!!!

i just saw our server (somehow, your photo ended up there) and found some of your modeling photos. Talis Vules! Let me just say you didn't do THAT bad that day. good job, inspite the pendejadas from the event peeps.