Monday, May 3, 2010

My Review of Flashpoint Vertical Battery Grip for the Canon 5D Mark II


Great (for the price...)

By Fotorican from San Juan, Puerto Rico on 5/3/2010

 

3out of 5

Pros: PracticalCheap

Cons: You get what you pay for

Best Uses: Portrait Photography, Digital Photography, Travel

Describe Yourself: Pro Photographer

I never buy 3rd party items. I only got this grip after a colleague's highest recommendation. I bought 3 of them, 2 for 5D2 and one for a 7D. Out of the 3 I only got 1 bad one. It sometimes fails to operate and when on disables the top dial on the body. This is frustrating when it happens in the middle of a wedding or news event. I called Adorama and was told to return it, no questions asked. I wish I'd had the money to buy the Canon brand ones but I didn't and I have to say that the other two I got work perfectly. I love the option to use the grips and to take it off when I do some jobs. I just noticed the price dropped. Nice.

(legalese)

No comments: