Sunday, November 11, 2007

My red convertible bug




I've finally gotten serious about finishing the restoration work on my '70 vw bug convertible. I got this car back in '99 I think, can't really remember. It belonged to our friend Veronica Costello and it was in bad shape when I got it. There are some pics around that I will find someday of the vert when I got it. I don't remember the order but I think I drove it home from Ft Laud and then had it towed to the body shop in Oakland Park. The body shop guy, named Jose, was a dick, but that's another story. After the floors and paint were done I towed the car to my house. From there I towed it to the interiors/top guy. I left the car there for about a year. I then had it towed back to my house where it sat for the last 6-8 years in the garage. Isaida's been nagging me about fixing it and taking it out of the garage, we need the space since our house is a small 2/1. Like I said before, I've been putting off the work until now. Later I'll xplain why I'm in a hurry to finish it. Anyway, the car needs some heavy duty work. 1st, the engine is dead, no carb mounted, no battery and I bet ALL the electrical needs replacing. 2nd, the engine is probly locked. Unless it can be fixed, I'm probly gonna need to purchase a rebuilt one. 3rd, and I think this is gonna be a pain, I have to get the hard to find/fix window regulators for the rear seat windows. I'm hoping these "minor" things wont cost more than 3k. I dunno. I will post more pics as the project progresses.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mi hermano por eso te quiero tanto.. porque tas mas loco q el rayo!!!!!!
zayra

Anonymous said...

can I buy your G9 next week when you see something better?